Check out the other pages!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall

How's that for a creative title?

This is my favorite time of year.  The leaves are gorgeous, the air is crisp and there's lots to do!  Emily and I took the horses camping last weekend up to Idaho City.  What a blast!  We cleaned out the horse trailer Questionable Decision and threw the air mattress in there and it worked out perfectly.  It rained like a sominabeach on Friday night and we stayed nice and dry.  Got up early Saturday morning, packed a lunch (sandwiches and heated up some homemade broccoli cheese soup and put it in a thermos, and filled another thermos with hot chocolate), dressed ourselves and the horses up in bright orange (hunting season) and headed out.  I didn't take many photos, and the ones I did take were with my phone, so it doesn't do anything any justice.  I gave my nice DSLR camera to my son this year, as he is way more into the technical end of photography than I am and he uses the camera the way it was intended to be used.  (And recently just transferred into a photography position at his job, and he's stoked!)  The deal is ... he is going to be buying me a nice point and shoot for my saddle bags.  So until then ... it's my lousy phone photos.






 

It was gorgeous every direction you turned.  

The colors were amazing.  Again, there was no chance my phone was going to capture what we saw.
 


We got back to camp, got cleaned up and went into town for dinner and some drinks.  The bars there are kinda fun.  The next morning, we were slow getting up, but we packed up, saddled up and took the horses for a nice leisurely stroll through town and up to the old cemetery.  That was very interesting.  We rode back through town, and it's funny how many people were taking photos of us.  Horses!  Walking right thru town!  No way!  I even said to one woman, "Isn't it great how the town pays us to walk around with the horses to add to the ambiance of Idaho City?"  And she said, "Yes! I think it's great!"  Too funny.  Sunday is definitely tourist day up there.  


 Anyway, the Cowboy Campground is awesome.  I wish there were more campground with corrals in them.  In fact, what I'd like to find now are some local places that have nice, warm cabins with corrals.  Yeah yeah ... lots of luck.  I know.

My sister called me.  She is coming up for Thanksgiving with her boyfriend, Bill.  Justin is going to come join us, and we're going to figure out a way to do some family portraits.  Since there's not many of us left, I'm pretty excited to have photos like that -- especially done by Justin. 

So yeah ... my sister's coming.  You know what that means?  I'll be cleaning this house from now until two minutes before she gets here!  Aaaaaccckkk!  I have SO much to do!  The outside is a mess, and the inside is worse.  I still have tons and tons of branches that need to be cut up and tossed out so I can get the driveway area cleaned up.  Oh, I also bought a pipe hitching rail from a guy on Craigslist.  It's actually part of the frame from an old swing set, but it will work perfectly for what I need it for, so I would like to get that in the ground, too.   Need to get some lettering for the QD and get that done as well.  Every time I take it somewhere, it looks so naked!

I'd better get busy! Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. That looks like a really cool place! To be honest, here its the pits, wet windy and miserable. You look well wrapped up and its so dry? Anyway good to hear from you.!

    ReplyDelete