Check out the other pages!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Wildflower Pasture

Well, Jen and I worked dogs last night. There is nothing more tranquil than watching the dogs navigate their way through the wildflowers, the sheep nice and relaxed, and hearing nothing but the occasional verbal encouragement of the handler. I wish I had taken some photos.

Tess worked very nicely. I am spending a grip of time training her in the pens, and having her be nice and calm and "stand there." She's doing really really well.

Her gather is still a mess. She still does not understand the concept that she has to gather ALL of the sheep.

But she'll drive them from here to Timbuktu and back without so much as a glance over her shoulder.

She amazes me.

Zip's leg is better than it was the other night (he took another spill ... but this was his back leg, and he has been moving pretty slowly since Tuesday night, so he's on a break). It's forcing me to use Tess, which is a good thing. Her and I are partnering up quite well, I think.

She'll never take Zip's spot on my bed, though. You're a good boy, Zip.

No comments:

Post a Comment