Check out the other pages!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Yeah, yeah ...

I was reading this blog, and I noticed that I didn't mention (and if you didn't already figure it out) that I changed Grace's name to Skar. There was no edge to Grace, and even growled, it wasn't sharp enough. She took to Skar right away, and it gets the point across when need be. :-)

I've worked her a time or two in between the snowings. She's getting more comfortable on her away side. She's proving to be loaded with eye, just like her dad, so I am trying to keep her on her feet as much as possible. She falls right into balance, and I love that about her. She gathers very nicely. It's squaring up the first few steps of those flanks that's going to be the bear. But we have the Shannahan clinic coming up next weekend ... woo hoo! I can't wait!

GSH is planning their next AHBA trial. It's set for May 3rd and 4th. We're going to have a really cool ranch course, HTAD (courses 1 & 3, I think...), JHD and HCT. Hopefully, the weather will be perfect! I will have to see if I can get Skar ready to run. :-)

The snow is getting old now. Getting to work is nothing short of a chore. The cloudy skies feel like a weight sitting on top of your head. I am ready for a nice chilly day with blue skies and no snow or mud. No wind, either, please. (Can we order weather? I guess we'll find out! LOL)

The fun day at Janie's is tomorrow. Her husband, Kirk, bought a new digital SLR ... so hopefully he will be kind enough to take more photos so I can post them here. :-)

Happy herding!
Jodi ... "Darling"

No comments:

Post a Comment