Check out the other pages!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Jump Creek

I can't keep up with this thing.  Now that I'm gone all day, I cram in what little I can during the couple of hours of daylight I have when I get home.  And those couple of hours shorten every day. 

Went to jump creek the other evening.  What a gorgeous place!  It's too bad it burned recently, but what was nice about that was the road that was created for all of the heavy equipment.  I'm not sure what they're using, but it's a big hungry thing, and it eats everything in its path, and leaves nice, soft dirt behind.

Took a few pics with my phone, but they don't do the canyon any justice.  Wish we could have gone straight into the canyon, but it's too rocky and it you end up at a dead end.  So, instead, we went up to the top and looked down into it.





Like I said, the photos do it no justice. 

I have Jaenne's camera, which she loaned me, but there are times when I forget to take it with me.  I think I am going to splurge on a nice compact camera that I can throw in my cantle bag that will hopefully get me some decent shots.  I can't take my DSLR out (I could ... but don't want to deal with packing it), and besides, my son is having way too much fun with it.  He's way more talented and knows how to use that camera to its fullest.  Maybe I'll have him take some photos of Kahlua and I when I lose some more weight.

Sold my saddle.  Now I'm on the hunt for something a bit lighter weight.  The other one, while I love it, was a beast to handle.  I didn't expect to be riding as much as I am, and I need something I can toss around a bit better.

Have more photos from a ride into the Owyhees we took last week, but don't have time to post them right now.  Will try this weekend.

J

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful ride!
    I have been wanting to get a lighter weight saddle too. I love my trail saddle but it is so heavy and I can barely get it up on my horses back! But I am having a hard time parting with it. I've had it for 7 years and it is so comfy!!

    ReplyDelete