Check out the other pages!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Runnin' on Empty

Since the time change, my sleeping hours have been like 9:00 p.m to 4:00 a.m. -- which sucks!  Tonight, I am so ridiculously tired, but I am staying up late in hopes of sleeping in until like 6:00 a.m. so I can adjust these stupid hours.

Operation Big Sister continues!  Jill and Bill will be here Wednesday.  Emily came over tonight and helped me start cleaning this place up.  I wish there was a way to just take a hose and spray the whole place down and get rid of the dust.  Yuck.  There's still a ton to do, but a good chunk got done tonight.  Thanks Em! 

Tomorrow, it's off to the tack sale to see if I can find a black headstall to match my new reins.  Then to the holiday bizarre, then to get my nails done, then to Jaenne's (hopefully) to iron my curtains, then meet the pellet stove guy back here so he can get rid of the annoying knocking sound ... then out to dinner with Lee.  He's loaning me his miner's hat for the parade.  I ordered my blue/black buffalo flannel, so I hope it gets here in time.  Another thing I need to do tomorrow is pick up my saddle from my saddlemaker.  He is putting new rings on for my breast collar, which I will need for the parade to hang the beautiful sleigh bells!  Also need to go shopping for a tree skirt, hopefully blue and silver, to put under her saddle to hang stuff from for the parade.  Nutty.  It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Sunday is practice for the parade.  Next Saturday is the actual parade in downtown Boise.

I'm a bit frustrated with my weight.  I am sorta stuck at a 29 lb. weight loss.  It'll break loose at some point, I'm sure.  My son lost 100 lbs.!!!  Amazing!  I'm so proud of him.

Need to go pick up a decent point and shoot camera. 

These days of getting dark early are old already!  I was having so much fun this summer coming home and loading up Kahlua and heading to the Owyhees.  Can't wait to do that again.

Oh that reminds me ... shoer is coming Monday evening to pull K's shoes off and trim up her feet.  I don't want to ride her on asphalt with shoes on.  Too slick.

There.  Now if I forget what I'm doing tomorrow, I have a list.  :-)

Off to bed.
J

5 comments:

  1. 29 lbs is a HUGE amount of weight. Pick up a 30 lb bag of anything, and cart it around for an hour. You'll see.
    Congratulations!

    Your son : 100 lbs!!?? Lets see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy! The parade sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to ride in a parade, that one is on my bucket list!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the before and after shot without his shirt on, but I doubt he'll let me post that one here. This one is at about the 90 lb. mark.

    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/482943_293842737401076_119675901_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! That is some weight loss! Good on yer!.......Wow! You too! Anyway the horse will appreciate it, and you`ll feel better for it too!Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get some photos of you and your horse decked out for the parade! I used to ride in parades, it's a lot of fun. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete