Check out the other pages!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shannahan Clinic

Well, the Shannahan Clinic was a blast! I learned a ton, and can't wait to put it all to good use! On Saturday, it was Colleen, Ajo, Jaenne and myself, and on Sunday, Janie joined us. It was awesome watching a person go into the arena with their dog, and come out with a completely different dog, and a whole slew of stuff to work on, myself and Echo included. I couldn't have asked for more!

Ok ... some photos ...

Pat:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And, of course, Jen:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's a few of Echo (I was the one actually working Echo, but have cropped myself out of the photos). I am working one making my bubble bigger and convincing Echo that she needs to respect it. I'm used to the "loaded with eye" dogs, however, Echo is fast and pushy ... so she's a bit out of my comfort zone, however, I am learning how to work her, and I am addicted! Tight and fast is now turning into pacing nicely and thinking. Woo hoo!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Taking a break from working Kip, Jaenne opted to bring Mo (Skar's sister) in ... yee haw! Once she got rid of the puppy zoomies, she settled in very nicely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The sheeps:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pat W. was there with Daisy. I love this little girl!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The weather was about 95 degrees ... a little hot for us Idahoans who just got out of winter. However, to keep us all cool, the host let us move into the horse arena to do the afternoon sessions in there. The quality of the photos took a steep dive once inside, but I have a few I'd like to share.

Here's the crowd on Sunday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There was one sheep who, at one point, decided she didn't want to go with the program. So she went and hung out with Jen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After a few minutes, I think she found her brain and decided that what she was doing wasn't very smart, so she stood up ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

... and finally went and rejoined her buddies. Jen was quite a trooper through the whole thing! LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, I am beat and must jump in bed. Needless to say, I'm overloaded with good information and need to process it all, and then start using it here at home. I am going to start taking lessons with Patrick, hopefully on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Hopefully Echo's journey won't be as bumpy as Zip's.

A huge thank you to Patrick and Diane for a wonderful clinic! I look forward to the next one!

Happy tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment