Check out the other pages!

Friday, August 1, 2008

A few rotten apples ...

Spoil it for the whole bunch ...

Wednesday night we went out to the trainers and worked dogs. I took Echo with me. When we worked in the field in the big wide open space, with an incredible draw, she was beautiful! She worked the draw very well, paced herself wonderfully, etc. We don't have a prayer with her outrun for the trial yet, but we're working on it.

Second go round, I worked her in the arena with the other trainer. She was just being weird in there. The trainer thought it was a battle of wills, and he may be right. I don't normally have to fight her that hard, so I tend to think it was something else going on, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it now that I know what to look for.

Met Terri who has a littermate to Betty's Stella out of Rodney's breeding. Awesome dog, and Terri was over the moon with him. Those two will make a great team! Also met Joy S-H from Roux Crew and saw her work a couple of her dogs.

Afterwards, we tailgated, had a couple of beers, hung out. Steve and his wife and their Belgian were there, and Jaenne, Phyllis, Katy and I. A good time was had by all ... as usual.

Now for the sucky part. I hate it when stuff like this happens. You know when you do something that requires you to put your complete trust into a stranger, and they take that trust and throw it out the window? I placed a dog with a woman a couple of years ago. I told her that if she ever bred her, that I would like the option of a pup back. If she spayed her, that was fine. Also told her that if there was ever a time where she no longer wanted her or couldn't keep her, that she was to come back to me. Over the last couple of years, I kept in touch with her as best I could ... as little as she would respond to me. Would check on the dog, how's she doing, how are things going, got any plans to breed her? Was always told everything was fine, and no, no plans to breed. Cool. Well, I decided to check with the registry. Unfortunately, I was told by them that there was a litter registered out of this female. It sucks that I wasn't told and/or offered a pup per the verbal agreement. So I contacted this person and again asked how the dog was (who finally responded but only after a mutual friend intervened). She now tells me that the dog couldn't handle the pressures of driving, so she spayed her and found her a home. Still never mention to me the fact that she had a litter at some point. Still never offered me a pup. And never acknowledged that the dog was supposed to come back to me if she didn't want her! Nothing! I only hope that what she tells me is true and that she DID spay and place the dog in a pet home. I'm sure it's better than the home I placed her in.

I'm so sorry, little girl. I hope you're ok.

Never again. I'm done with verbal contracts. Now I am starting to understand why the sport breeders have contract 14 miles long and charge 16 bazillion dollars for their puppies.

Tails ...
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment