Check out the other pages!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Took Echo and Zip out to Janie's on Sunday to practice with them for the trial. First up was Echo. Kirk took some photos for me. Thank you, Kirk! Echo worked lovely. Her outrun on the away side is nice and wide and she's quite confident doing it. The come bye side needs some work. But she is staying off her sheep nicely and pacing herself. I love working this little dog.

Echo fetching dust

Echo driving

Echo one foot on the floor

All butts

Echo flank

Echo flank again

Echo walk up

Zip's outruns were looking very nice, as usual. He's not very fast, but he's correct, so I don't mind. His fetch is too fast for my taste but that's because I never knew how work him so that he learned pace. I think we've developed too many bad habits at this point to fix them. And it's ok. He's not eating anything.

He seemed to have lost confidence driving, so that's where my focus was. Janie and I chatted while we walked with Zip as he drove the sheep around her pasture for a while. He did a very nice job.

Thank you, Janie & Kirk, for having us out! It's nice to practice elsewhere.

Happy tails,
JD
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment