Check out the other pages!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fun weekend!

I'm exhausted!

Friday night, I went and hung out at Whiskey River to watch Hung Jury play.  They are always good for a fun show. 

Saturday, went out to Couch's with Echo2 (the female I'm finding a home for) and put her on stock.  She wasn't too keen at first, but I'm sure it's probably due to being told NOT to chase anything all her life.  Once she figured out she was allowed to, it was on!  She did great!  She should make someone a very nice working dog.  If you're interested in her, give me a call at 208-412-6107.  (Not accepting emails on any of this.)  Here's a photo of her.

She is a doll, and would make a great pet if someone was interested in that also.  She's very calm ... and loves loves loves her ball ... or sticks ... or toys ... or anything you'll throw for her.  I've never seen such a toy-driven dog in all my life.

I met up with Colleen, Jaenne and Mary Saturday night for dinner at a killer Thai place in Meridian.  The sushi was to die for, and I'm sure has ruined me for sushi anywhere else.  Amazing.

Sunday morning, it was off to Couch's to go horseback riding.  This was the most fun I've had in a long time!  We hopped in the truck and brought the trailer over to Bud's house, loaded up Bud and his horses and off to Succor Creek we went.  Couch missed it.  I went to get on Doc (one of Bud's horses), and didn't quite make the last couple of inches, so Bud came in and gave me a shoulder up!  Haven't laughed that hard in a long time!  Rode in 2 or 3 inches of snow, drinking whiskey and bullshitting, and came upon the creek.  Bud's horse is a really nice ride, very trustworthy, sure-footed, and sane.  I loved him.  Stopped for lunch ... cooking brots over the fire on a stick, and drinking some more whiskey.  Time to get back on the horse.  I pulled him up to a small rock, and got on pretty effortlessly that way.  Rode all the way back to the truck, doing some more bullshitting and drinking and laughing.  What a good time!  Can't wait to do that again.

Sunday night, Colleen and I headed over to Jaenne's house.  She made a crockpot beef casserole thing that was YUMMY!!!  My drunken ass showed up there with yet more whiskey, as if I needed it.

Monday morning, I got up and made breakfast for Colleen and I.  Then we headed to Marsing, got our fishing licenses and some tackle, and took the dogs out to the Owyhees for a dog run.  Came back to Marsing and threw a line in at the Marsing pond.  I caught a small rainbow in the first five minutes, but unfortunately, that was all we ended up catching, so we let him go.  Went to the pizza place in Marsing for "dinner."  That was better than I thought it would be.   The salad bar was pretty fresh, and the pizza was pretty good.

Taking a break for a bit now, and then we'll figure out what to do tonight.  I'll need a vacation from my weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment