Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I did it!!!

Yeah, I know.  Sounds like it should be something fabulous, right?  Wrong.  But it's something that has been bugging me since I moved into this house.

When we moved my fridge, something broke.  We hooked up the ice maker, turned the water on to it, and it leaked ... big time ... all over the floor.  So, I never dealt with it.  Well, when the plumber was here fixing that plumbing nightmare a few months ago, I asked him to look at it.  He figured out that the pump cracked and I needed a new one.  So I pulled the schematic for this fridge, found the part, confirmed with the plumber, and ordered it.  The part came in in January, and the plumber came out a week ago Monday and replaced it.  Then you wait a couple of days to see if it works. 

Nothing.  No ice.  No water to the ice maker.  No filtered water to the fridge.

I called the plumber.  He had me try replacing the filter (I just happened to have an extra one).  Well, the filtered water to the fridge started working right away.  I waited till the next day to check for ice.

Nothing.  No ice.

The plumber had me do something else (I forgot what), and then we needed to wait again. 

Nothing.  No ice.

So yesterday, I took the day off from work (not for this, but ...) and the ice maker was really bugging me.  My contractor happened to show up so I asked him to look at the water line on the back of the fridge for me.  I noticed it was green.  So we took the water line apart, snaked it out with a piece of bailing wire, and cleaned it out with bleach and put it back together.  I came home from work today and ...

Nothing.  No ice.

Damn it!!!  So I pulled the water tubing off the back of the fridge where it goes into the ice maker, and used the wire to clean out anything that might be blocking the water from getting in there.  Nothing seemed wrong.  So I emptied all of the freezer contents and put them in my chest freezer, then unplugged the fridge, opened the freezer door, and went over to the neighbor's for a drink.  When I got back, the freezer was just about warm, and there was a couple of drops of water at the very back of the ice maker.  So ... I plugged the fridge back in and checked back in about an hour.

There was water in the ice maker! 

And now it's cranking out ice!  I am so glad I don't have to fill ice trays anymore!!!  Woo hoo!!!!!

I know I know ... what a stupid thing, right?  Well, I'm a bit of an ice fanatic, and this will make sense to a couple of people.

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment