Check out the other pages!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Changing of the guard?

Well this is going to be weird for me, not to mention weird for Zip, too. Echo has been working very nicely ... to the point where she's quite effective for chores. So I've been using her. I don't automatically reach for her first -- it is still very much a conscious decision, and only if I feel like turning my chores into a training session -- but it is moving along very quickly that it won't be long before I will be just grabbing Echo to do stuff because she's closer, or out at the moment and available, etc. She's more freed up than Zip, and seems to have more presence and/or power at times that things just move a little faster. I need to do a bunch of pen work with her, but geez, is she nice to have around. She gets better and better every time I work her.

And then the guilt sets in as Zip lays at my feet. I haven't used him at all today. I had small chores to do twice today, and I used Echo both times. Poor Zip. it will be nice, though, to have two dogs I can really count on for chores, though.

Off to the ASCA trial tomorrow to watch Jaenne and Colleen compete. Colleen and Reena are running started sheep, and Jaenne and Kip are running started sheep and ducks. Good luck ladies!

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment