Check out the other pages!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Eight is Enough

Remember that show? I may be dating myself, but I remember it. And I'm here to tell you ... eight is way too many ... dogs, that is. I have six now, and I'm way overdogged. If anyone is looking for a dog, send them my way. I have a few for sale. Males, females, younger, older, started, not started. I'm sure I have something I can find for them. Catch me on the right day, and I might even have a 19 year old kid for sale. ;)

Took Rob over to Helsley's and worked him. He blew me off initially and did things his way. We finally got it together and worked it out. Helsley also worked him in the round pen and got to see what he's like. Hopefully, between the two of us, we can find Rob a good home where he'll be able to work some. I don't know if he'll ever be a trial dog, but he'll make someone a useful dog, that's for sure.

Speaking of useful dogs, for my birthday, my friends got me a copy of Donald McCaig's "A Useful Dog." I started reading it tonight. It's a quick read, but let me tell you, it's very enjoyable. I feel like I am standing next to him the entire time he's talking. I look forward to reading some more of his stuff. Thanks, girls!

Stopped by the ASCA trial after the trip to Helsley's. All looked the same as yesterday, and Janie said she didn't need any help, so I headed home.

Cleaned up the backyard and mowed the lawn. I love that it's starting to get cool out, and it should be freezing overnight any time soon. I actually saw something a little heavier than dew on the grass in the pasture this morning.

Speaking of the pasture, Fatty is still out there ... eating casually as if it's another day in the park. She seems to be oblivious to the fact that she's as wide as a bus and as swollen as a puffer fish on helium. I would be afraid to stick her with a pin, as she might take flight like a balloon with a hole in it. "pbpbpbpbpbpbllllbbbbbbbbbssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!" I don't envy her. I wonder how many brats, I mean, er, cute little lambies she's gonna drop. I hope they are not plain boring white ones. If they are, I'm putting them back.

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment