Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dig, Dig, Dig

And dig some more.

I dug another 10 feet or so of the irrigation canal tonight. I am taking my time and doing it right. It's nice and clean and even if I don't make it past digging out the main canal, the main canal will be nice and clean and very functional for a while. So that's a good thing. I am hoping to get this done early because I know the minute it gets nice out, we're all going to be bugging Katy to let us hang out at the Sheep Shack.

The ewes are still fat.

The weather is still calling for mostly sunny skies and no rain on Saturday. I'm still doing the "no wind" dance. I am really looking forward to the clinic. We have a great group of people signed up at all different levels, so there will be lots of information to be had. I hope to get lots of good photos and be able to post all about it after it's over. I am trying to get through my chores between now and Saturday so I have time on Sunday to sit and edit photos and enjoy the rainy day.

So I am thinking of getting rid of my round pen. I don't really need it, and I hardly ever use it on my own dogs. I could really use those panels and gates for something else. I'll have to toss around a few ideas.

When I came home tonight and looked out into the pasture, there is a green hue on the ground. In walking around a bit, I got a scent ... faint and quick ... of something spring-ish. I couldn't tell you what, exactly, it was, but it was a hint of what's to come. Woo hoo! I love winter, but I think I am ready for spring. My bulbs are starting to emerge in my front planter. It won't be long before those bloom, and then they will freeze overnight and be gone just as quick as they got here. I think I just might plant annuals this year. We'll see.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment