Check out the other pages!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Look!

Our first lambs of the season! Looks like Pepe has a new girlfriend!



Photo was taken by my son. Of course the ewes wait until I am out of town to start dropping babies. Ugh. Anyway, he didn't take a picture of the other lamb. Apparently it has a "sack" ... so I am assuming it's a ram lamb. I'll confirm all this when I get home.

Washington is very wet. It rained all day yesterday, amd will rain all day today. Good thing there are a few less runs today.

Echo did well yesterday. It started out a little rocky ... she was a bit amped. Her outrun was tight and terrible (as short as the outrun was), but we got it worked out about 1/3 of the way into the run. She had a beautiful figure 8 drive, and the pen couldn't have been prettier. We also did our first shed ... well, more of a split -- which is what the rules called for. We scored a 90 and took 3rd place for the first leg of her HRD III title.

Headed back today, only this time I am judging. It's slated to rain all day. Oh joy.

One thing I would like to mention ... these people put on some awesome trials! This is the second time I've been out this way and participating in trials put on by this group, and they really do it up right. Barb Davenport, Elsie Rhodes, Chris Soderstrom -- awesome! Fido Farms is a great facility ... arenas and fields of all different sizes -- and the sheep were great. A good time was had by all!

Off to Frog's Breath!

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment