Check out the other pages!

Monday, October 19, 2009

"How's it going with the house?"

This seems to be a common question nowadays and not one I'm completely sure how to answer.
 
The latest is ... there are a few piddly "lender required repairs" that need to be done.  The seller has no desire to pay for it.  The loss mitigator has no desire to swallow it.  The lender will not fund the loan until the repairs are made.  So, I upped the price of the house, and am hiring a contractor to have the work done.  Hopefully, the closing will then be in two weeks.  We'll see.
 
Many people helped me move, and I can never thank them enough.  Don Couch and Mike ... moved all of my heavy stuff.  Phyllis and Glenda and her sister, Amanda ... OMG ... you guys are amazing.  This would have taken me FOREVER without you guys. 
 
I am now all moved out, turned over the key, and turned off the services to that house.  Some of my stuff is in storage, some is in Kirk & Janie's hangar, and some of it is in the fifth-wheel I am staying in.  After all of the planning and packing ... I have no idea where anything is.  I am hoping these next two weeks go quickly.
 
I worked Echo yesterday for the first time in a while.  She.  Is.  Just.  Pushy.  She doesn't believe me.  She will not stop.  She will lie down if she wants to, but if she feels push is needed, she pushes.  Did an experimental run through the ranch course.  Man, am I glad I am not running her in this trial.  I don't think I have a voice left from yelling, "LIE DOWN!!!" as she ignores me and continues to walk up.  Ridiculous. 
 
So, I have to admit.  I have fallen into the very bad habit of checking my email while I'm driving.  I don't normally text, or reply to anything, but I have been checking it.  Well, I've decided I will never do that again.  This video has really made me understand the severity of it all.  No, it's not one of the public service announcements.  It's a 19 year-old kid who killed two people by merely crossing the center line just a little ...
 
 
Check it out.  It's worth watching. 
 
Until later,
Jodi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment