Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Morticia ... is that you?

I was driving home last night when I ran into a detour.  Couldn't go through ... had to go around.  So I went south ... and it takes me south of where the house is.  So I approached the house from a direction I've never approached from.  I found myself on a hill looking down at the lake.  I saw a couple of really cool places at the bottom of the hill right across the street from the lake ... and realized one of them was the house I am so desperately trying to buy!  Initially I thought the house was across the street from the end of the lake, more where the national wildlife refuge is.  But seeing it from above, there's a thin line of trees across the street from the house, and beyond those trees is ... a huge lake!  I can't wait to see if the house has a lake view when all of the trees lose their leaves.  Speaking of which, the trees are 3000 different colors right now.  Gorgeous!  There are several cottonwoods on the property that are making for a beautiful backdrop.
 
So as I am coming around the corner past my neighbor's field, I notice there are five large Mule Deer does grazing away on whatever they can find in his newly cut pasture.  I had to stop and watch for a minute, despite the fact that I was parked in a bad spot.
 
I then went to the house.  The mobile home is all but gone.  There was one metal piece of framework on the ground and a bit of concrete and stuff, but nothing substantial.  The whole mess had been cleaned up and it looks great.  Went in the house, and checked to see what kind of lights or electricity the house had.  There have been several light fixtures installed with bulbs ... woo hoo!  The only one missing bulbs was the cool track lighting in the kitchen.  I'll have to figure out what kind of bulbs it needs.  Anyway, I made the decision to go home and get the broom and some windex and start cleaning some stuff up.
 
As I was walking back into the house about an hour later with cleaning supplies in hand, the sun had settled over the horizon, and while it was not dark yet, it was working on it.  The house had an eerie hue to it, and the spider webs glistened in the light.  Immediately, the theme song to the Munsters came into my head, and I felt like I should die the front piece of my hair white.  Realizing the house is white with black trim, I suddenly had a vision.
 
 
I giggled a bit, and then started humming the song in my head as I proceeded to clean the kitchen as much as I could with the light I had to work with.  I am sure people (i.e. the underwriters) think I am nuts for wanting this place, but seriously, there is nothing structurally wrong with the home, and any repairs that need made are strictly cosmetic.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that after all the work is said and done that the loan will go through and I will finally have my place ... and I am looking forward to starting on the very long road of getting it into shape.
 
On to other topics ...
 
I don't know if you all heard about the passing of one of the many great puppymills in the US of A.  Jim Eachus of Buchanan Border Collies died recently in a plane crash.  My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends.  Have no fear, though.  His dogs will continue to be bred.  In fact, JB Border Collies (link intentionally omitted) has one of his unproven males and will breed him so he can carry on his unknown legacy.  Whew!
 
Rest in peace, Uncle Jim.  Rescue will clean up your mess.  No worries. 
 
Happy tails,
Jodi
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment