I went out to the house this morning about 8:00 a.m. I swept out the "shop" (the painted outbuilding) and moved all of the leftover baseboard into there. I then swept down the driveway, pulled weeds and basically cleaned up the whole entrance to the house in a desperate attempt at impressing the appraiser. Started sweeping off the deck ... stopped to take a breather. Zip was laying down in the sun, just dozing on and off, and across the street, I hear the muzzled pop of the hunters' guns ... and then it started. The ducks. They were laughing! I don't know how else to describe it, but it started off as just a few and then it grew to many. I couldn't help it, and started laughing! What a riot!
Got the deck all swept off, and then started hosing down the outside of the house. What a difference! Took the new hose nozzle I bought and used it for a direct spray on the window stills, and there was quite a bit of dirt that came out of there! The good news is ... none of the windows leak! And I was really hitting them with a hard direct spray! Woo hoo!
So there it is. That's all I can do for now. I hope it's good enough. Please keep your fingers crossed that the re-inspection report comes in clean, and we close on Friday. I'm on pins and needles.