Check out the other pages!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Freein' Up

Wow.  I haven't really posted in a while.  Sorry about that.

I've been busy taking care of business and trying to keep my head above water.  The furlough days are starting to scale back a bit for now, so that's good news for my paycheck.  I also made a huge leap in getting rid of my truck payments.  I used to have a 2004 F-150 with about 78K miles on it.  I traded it in for a 1997 Ford F-250 Super Duty with 71K miles on it.  The insurance on it is about 1/2 of what it was on my other truck.  And this one ... the parts are much easier to replace.  Yes, I lose a bit of luxury (electric windows), but it's well worth it.




I am sure I'll take more photos soon and will post them when I do.

The dogs are all doing well.  Echo broke a toenail very low on one of her dew claws, so we're futzing with that, but it'll be ok.  The sheep are just about done eating what I have to offer in the backyard, so they're managing the dog yard (when the dogs aren't around) and the "deck yard" (the little grass area by my deck) that I fenced off.  More fencing this weekend.

Yes, really.  Fencing.  I am done talking about it.  I'm actually going to do it.

If I get really motivated, perhaps I will even start working on my new and improved duck area so I can finally bring ducks back in. 

If all goes as planned, I have another pig coming in a couple of months.  I found someone breeding Durocs.  So I'll need another name for a new boy.  Wilbur, maybe?  I could build a web in the pig's shelter! 

Took Reese on her first off-leash canal walk.  She did great!  She even got her first swim in the canal, and it wasn't a "panic swim".  It was as if she knew what she was doing ... jumped in, swam around, and climbed back out and went about her business.  Cute girl.  Her recall is getting pretty solid.

Should be a nice weekend ... enjoy!

Jodi



No comments:

Post a Comment