Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

There's just no hope for me ...

Nice camera ... and borrowed a very nice lens ... and I still suck at this.

Anyway, just messing with the lens ... and I can see where this shot could have been way nicer. 


The bokeh was deliberate and I like how it came out.  Gonna play with that a bit more.  That's one of the slats to that awful plastic "Dallas" looking fence in my front pasture.  I guess it's good for something after all.

Tonight, I was talking to Mitch on the phone, but dropped him like a hot potato when I saw not one but both hawks hanging out in the trees across the street.  Ran in for my camera, and wished I could have found some actual talent along the way, but alas, I didn't.

Here's one of the hawks.  Not sure if this is the male or the female.



That tree is quite a distance from me, and I would never have gotten that shot with my own lens.  Thanks Kirk!

And this is the other ... much larger ... hawk.


As if you couldn't tell, I messed with the lighting a bit, so that messed with the color a bit.

And here is where my glaring lack of talent comes in.  I have no idea how to set the camera for when the sun is setting, but the sky is still pretty bright, yet still get detail.  So here's a couple of very cool looking silhouette shots. 



As you can see, this one is screaming, and it did quite a bit of that.  I'm not sure why.  I haven't seen the fledglings yet, but I am wondering if that had something to do with it.

Off to bed.

Jodi

3 comments:

  1. Like the screaming hawk shot....would make a neat decal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little tidbit. Did you know that in raptor species, and most bird species, the female is larger than the male?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could the larger one be a Golden Eagle? I looked in my Aududon guide and your bird doesn't seem to match any of the hawks. The Goldens in the book seem to have feathers further down the legs and the yellow on the legs doesn't seem as bright, but seems like the closest match (especially if you're talking about a large bird).

    ReplyDelete