Check out the other pages!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trip to Idaho City

The weekend's been kind of a whirlwind.  Mitch came into town Thursday night, and we've been hanging out, antiquing, bbq'ing, etc.  Today, we headed up to Idaho City for him to show me a really cool spot he loved.

So I drove over to his house, and finally took photos of the brilliant yellow mustard seed field that I am tempted to run through like Mary Poppins. 


We got into Idaho City, and I got a personal tour.  Mitch not only lived in IC at one point, but was also a cop there, so he knows quite a few people that used to live there, etc.  He showed me a lot of old buildings I didn't even know were there, and we hit a couple of quaint little antique shops and stuff.  Very fun!  Then we headed up the mountain.

Turns out the spot he wanted to show me is a spot that Colleen and I geocached at a couple of years ago, and actually left a geocache at the spot.  I tried to find it, but apparently, it's gone.  :-(

Anyway, the spot is a gorgeous rock outcropping overlooking a beautiful valley.  When we got there, there was a turkey vulture flying around, and was soon joined by a buddy (probably a mate).  I took a ridiculous amount of photos.  Here you go.















The view:

Back to the vulture:


More view:








Further up the hill:


I think this one is going in a frame.

Or this one:

Let's not forget the other passengers!  Here's Zip:

And Sam:


And back at the rock outcropping, I think this picture matches the one I took a couple of years ago.  I'll have to dig it out and compare it, but those yellow flowers look familiar.


And now for some entertainment ... I caught this photo sort of by accident.  I thought I missed him entirely.


And then he sat still:



And he had a buddy across the road whose markings weren't nearly as pretty:


Anyway, that's all for now.  Mitch is back on the road tomorrow (Monday), and I have a mess to clean up from the chainsaw guy who trimmed up my trees for me.  The trees look great, but now I have to get rid of all of the branches and stuff.  I'll take some photos of the place tomorrow and post them.

Night all!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment