Check out the other pages!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gettin' Ready ...

I am really looking forward to this weekend. It will be one of the first times in quite a while where I've gone somewhere without any dog. I rolled up the change that I've been throwing in a jar for a while (amazing how the change actually accumulates if you don't have a teen/young adult stealing it as quickly as it accumulates) and came up with a whopping $66 of gambling money! That should entertain us for at least ... 5 minutes.

Maybe.

My son is staying with me for the next couple of weeks, I guess. It's the same thing all the time. It's all about him, and he doesn't give a rat's patootie about my place or my stuff, especially if it's in his way. He was here for a few minutes last night, and needed to plug in his alarm clock (that goes off for an hour before he finally gets out of bed), so he unplugs the battery charger to my camera, throws it on the floor (instead of putting it on the table that's about 18 inches from the plug) and plugs in his alarm clock.

He throws some wash in the washer. It's like ... a pair of pants, maybe a pair of underwear or two, and three shirts or something. The washer is set to "large."

I wonder what it's like to walk around in a fog like that.

I send him happy texts, and he responds.

I send him texts asking him to respect me and my stuff, and I get nothing.

So predictable.

Same shit, different day.

So this will be a long couple of weeks.

He will, however, be watching my dogs while I am gone this weekend. That's kinda hard to screw up. They are pretty tolerant and resiliant. And there are no puppies to worry about. Phyllis took 4 of them to her house, and the two blue merles are going to their new homes today. I am so disappointed with how things worked out with these pups. Everyone is fine, happy, healthy, and they seem to be adjusting very well to the circumstances ... I just wish things were different and I could have raised them here like I planned. I'm very very thankful to my neighbors for letting me set everything up at their place, and was so glad I wasn't working so I had the time to go over there 3, 4 and 5 times a day to feed/clean pens/drive pups around/bathe pups, etc. and get them ready for their new homes. My hands are so chapped from all of the bleach over the last few weeks. And I sold my pick puppy. :-(

I will be glad, though, to have Echo home again. I miss her big time.

Reese is doing great and back to her normal self, driving me crazy. I couldn't be happier to have her jump on me, launch herself off me, run around like a mad woman, off the deck, on the deck, off the deck, on the deck, some running into my room, put the brakes on and slide 100 mph into my chair, and usually knocking all kinds of stuff over on the way. That's my girl!

I think, at the moment, I'm a bit dogged out. I am really looking forward to getting out of town and sort of forgetting I exist up here. I'm busy packing and getting stuff ready. We'll be camping a couple of the nights, but have decided not to cook while camping. That cuts down on the camping gear in a huge way. And ... I also don't have to bring dog crates or dog food or large amounts of water, or anything like that. We're going in Mark's nice comfy new car, and the weather should be great! I don't think I've ever popped a tent on the beach, so I am hoping we get an opportunity to do that. We're also bringing all of our fishing gear, as there are plenty of places to fish in the Lassen area.

I was in Walmart the other day looking in the camping aisles. I found an air mattress I liked along with a pump, and then browsed through the camping section to see if I needed anything else. I hit the kitchen/food preparation part, and it was ... HUGE! All kinds of stuff you could/would need to buy/bring if we were going to be BBQ'ing or whatever. For this trip, it's not worth the hassle. There's a restaurant right at the park entrance where we can grab dinner if we want, or a store if we just want to munch.

What I would like to do, though, is the old cowboy camping ... hot dogs on sticks, marshmallows, and beer. Maybe some potato chips. And sit and listen to nature. Sounds like heaven.

Friday afternoon can't come fast enough. Lots to do between now and then. Need to get puppy packets together, bleach crates (again), do shot records, laundry, shopping, pack up the 48" tie wraps, etc.

Off to feed puppies,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment