Check out the other pages!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Day ...

Well, Chloe and Katy were here last night. Chloe brought Midge, and Phyllis came over with Midge's dad, Rusty and they all got to meet. Phyllis also brought Rook and Misty (Zip kids), so we attempted some photos. Here's one of the better shots we got.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Left to right: Skar (Zip x Jenn '06), Zip, Rio (Zip x Jenn '07), Midge (Lola x Rusty '07), Rook (Zip x Jenn '06), Misty (Zip x Jenn '07), and Rusty (Helsley's Jock x Lil).

We worked Midge before Chloe and Katy took off. Midge is a very nice pup. She quickly learned that it's easier to work the sheep if she kicks out a little, and quickly got comfortable going around the sheep both directions.

Then we worked Misty, Rook, and Rusty. This was Misty's first time on sheep and she was lovely. She, too, got pretty comfortable going around both directions, and had no problems coming between the fence and the sheep to pull the sheep back into the middle. I had the pleasure of working Rook in the pasture. Phyllis has done a wonderful job with him. He kicks out very nicely, and holy cow is this dog fast! I am so jealous! Then Phyllis worked Rusty in Russ' pasture. As usual, Rusty looks great out there. He's such a nice dog.

Once Phyllis left, I grabbed Echo and headed for Mark's. Picked him up, and we went to the grocery store to pick up dinner. (Good grief! The prices are ridiculous!) We got to Janie's where Kirk cooked up dinner, and we had a few beers. The only time Mark had seen Echo work was the day before when she crashed and burned at the trial. So I took Echo out to the field. She was awesome! She was kicking out very nicely, and doing some nice, wide outruns (with me standing between her and the sheep). I sent her further than she has ever been and she did great! I had to re-direct her a couple of times, but she re-directed perfectly. I was so proud of my little girly-girl. Go Echo Monster! Mark's comment was, "That's not the same dog I saw yesterday!"

Sawyer Brown sucked, but, as usual, Mark and I had a good time anyway. We are planning on seeing another couple of concerts, and of course going to the Western Idaho Fair, along with the Caldwell Nights Rodeo. I have been itchin' to do all this stuff, and I'm glad to finally be doing it, especially with someone who loves it as much as I do.

Happy tails!
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment