Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Warm night...

Well, the crew came over to practice last night, so we worked everyone. Even Katy & Eric's Jasper! She was very cute! She certainly has enough interest ... the trick will be to see if we can get her to do anything constructive with it! I hope they bring her back.

We also worked Scout. She's coming along very nicely, and is starting to get the idea that she needs to get behind her stock. I need to convince Katy to take her up to Janie's and work in the different sized arenas Janie has. They are perfect for moving a young pup along.

I brought Skar out and had her do a ton of "away to me" with no body pressure from me. I'm oh so conscious of that now since my trainer pointed it out to me.

Echo ... worked her a bit in the round pen just to give her some sheep time. I wasn't feeling all that hot, so I didn't have the energy to go work anyone in the field.

Also worked Rio. She's coming along nicely. It's amazing to see the differences in all these pups. Rio is a pretty upright worker (for now) and prefers to use her body instead of her eye or teeth to get the job done. She's also figuring out that she needs to stay on the outside of the stock and control is much easier from out there. Just making right easy and wrong hard.

I need to take Zip out into the field and work on shedding with my new-found tips from my trainer. See if it works just as well on my sheep with only me out there. Ha. Maybe tomorrow night.

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment