Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A whole new world!

Wow! Just got back from the lesson with Patrick. I never felt like I had so many left feet in my life! I love the way Patrick explains things ... he even used all the people as sheep at one point to get the concept through my head! LOL! As much as I hate to admit it, before tonight, I had the basic concept of shedding all wrong. And the way I was using my body pressure to influence the sheep and the dog were all wrong. Once we fixed my body pressure, and got the basic concept through my head, I was all of a sudden having some success! But good gravy ... there 109 different things to think about when shedding. So now I have something to work on for the next few weeks until my next lesson. For now, it's working on getting out of Echo's way on her away side ... and with shedding, it's deciding which set I want before I do the shed, turn my body pressure to the set that we're going with, keeping my pressure off the dog when I call him to me, and it's never too late to try to keep the sets apart. There's so much to learn.

Happy tails!
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment