Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Local Dog Owners ... Pay Attention

As most of you know, I am looking into the pet laws around here because of recent events.

I have just received information from a very reliable source that the animal control officers in this county (you know which county I live in) are under pressure from the county commissioners to enforce the dog kennel and licensing laws.  One way they are doing this is targeting people through their websites.  A gentleman with a hunting dog kennel in Notus has been targeted and his feet held to the fire, so he is paying the $2K+ for the process of obtaining a kennel license. 

So there you have it.  How many dogs do you need to have before you're required to have a kennel license?  Well, that's not exactly clear at this point.  One ordinance says more than 3, and you need to contact zoning and planning to arrange to get the special use permit (there's your $2K fee) for your kennel license.  However, zoning and planning says 6 or more.  So what happens when you have 4 to 6 dogs?  I don't know.  You call the sheriff's office, and they refer you to the same "ordinance" dude ... and you leave messages for him over and over and he never gets back to you.

I don't know how much of a dent I can put in this alone.  However, if I have homeowners / kennel owners / residents backing me that this law affects, I'm happy to be the frontperson in all of it.

Interested?  Contact me ASAP.

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment