Check out the other pages!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Autumn in the country ...

I love this time of year.  The heat is finally gone, and the cooler weather is setting in.  The colors are incredible!  I am not nearly as far along as I would have liked to have been, but I still feel like I managed to get a few things done this summer outside.  It won't be long before I start concentrating on the inside of the house again ... and dog knows there's plenty of work to be done there.

Phyllis came over on Saturday, and we worked the ducks for their first time.  They were none too pleased, and initially didn't understand that they were supposed to move off the dogs.  So the dogs would be right in their faces, and not allowed to bite them, which made it kind of comical.  The looks on the dogs' faces was priceless at times.





Here's Phyllis' Rusty.  He's a Jock x Lil from Don Helsley's breeding.








Here's the drama queen of the bunch. Notice her friend laughing at her in the background.


It's nice to finally stand on my deck and see someone working out in the pasture.  This gives you a better idea of how small the area actually is (and this is my "big" pasture).  I really need to find a hot guy with a lot of land.


Then Phyllis worked Rook (Jenn x Zip).  He did a very nice job.  By this time, the ducks were figuring out they'd better start moving off the dogs.






I probably have 100 blooper photos of Zip like this (notice the tongue).



Dawn Marie Couch ... Don's wife.


Echo wondering why it's not her turn again.





It rained on and off all day on Sunday.  The colors are amazing right now with all of the trees and grasses changing color.  This, of course, means that the wind comes whipping through to make sure it doesn't stay pretty for too long.  I forgot to take photos of my neighbor's tree on Saturday, and was pissed at myself because there were high winds forecasted for Sunday.  But I got a few on Sunday despite the weather. 

If you remember, back in January when it snowed, I stood in my living room and took photos out my three windows.  Here's what it looks like in fall.  I think might do this in Spring and Summer also, and do a bit of a slideshow or something.  I love having four seasons!




Looked out a different window and this is what I see.  They're helping me clean up the place before winter hits.


The neighbor's tree I'm whining about.

So I grabbed the dogs and headed over there.  Took some photos on the way.  This photo lost the detail and color when I uploaded it.  It's much more colorful than this.




This tree is just starting to change. 

More color...

The Tree.


FAIL!


That's better.


Mother & daughter



Echo looks like she's on crack in this one.



That's all for now.  Hopefully, I'll get another opportunity to take some fall photos before the wind strips the trees.  It's getting dark pretty early now, though, so I will probably have to wait till the weekend.  And I'm busy this weekend. 

Oh well ...

Jodi

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the portraits of the girls & zip in front of the tree! Is that the same tree I fell into the canal under? I am blown away at how much the pastures have been eaten down. Amazing! Your place looks great! Cant wait to see it at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete