Check out the other pages!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Busy day ...

Well, something woke me up, and now I can't get back to sleep thinking of all of the stuff I need to do today.

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I stopped and picked up ten bales of straw.  I'm sure this will only be a small portion of what I really need, but it's a start.  I also picked up three Rhode Island red hens.  Very cool looking birds.  I've never worked with chickens before.  Their feet aren't nearly as nasty as they are in a package in the grocery store.  Their faces are really cool!  I need to learn how to handle them, and what their habits are. 

So ... I need to clean out the new chicken coop and put some straw in it.  I need to rake out the duck house and put some straw in there.  And I need to clean out the pig house and put straw in there.  I know I don't have enough straw, but I'll see how far it gets me. 

I would also like to do some laundry, take a shower, die my hair, tweeze my face, and clean my bedroom.  The sheets need changing to the flannel sheets, the air conditioner (that I've used like 5 times) needs to come out of the window, and the whole room needs a good vacuuming.  And I'm not sure how much of any of this will get done because ...

I want to start putting up the round pen.

Yeah yeah. 

So I'm off to hop in the shower and get started.  We'll see how much I get done.

More later,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment