Check out the other pages!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Stumped

The two-day little weed project is done.  I pulled the rest of them, loaded all the weeds in the back of my truck and drove them up my driveway, and put them around two stumps I wanted to burn.  I did one early Saturday morning, and one early Sunday morning.  Here's the photos.


Here's what it looks like without those weeds there.  (Different angle.)


Here's what's left of the first stump.


And the second:


I've been raking and burning, and burning and raking ... in hopes of getting this pasture cleaned up to make it easier to walk in there when I put up the round pen -- that I haven't put up yet.


Here's where the round pen will go.  This is the northwestern most corner of my property.


You can't really see it in the photo, but there are two sprinkler heads I am concerned about.  (No, I'm not using the sprinklers because a) I don't have a pump to pump the water from my irrigation; and b) I am not sure the pipes are in good condition so I don't want to spend the money on a pump if I can figure out how to flood the entire thing.



Because I may use these at a later date, I think I am going to just take the sprinkler heads off and cap the pipes, and then put PVC pipes over the top so they can't impale any animals.  If they turn out to be a problem, I'll cap them off below the surface.  We'll see.

Standing where the round pen will go, and looking towards the driveway.  I am working on raking and burning some crap out.



The one thing that is causing me some grief is all of the glass leftover from the mobile home that used to be there.


I wish there was some sort of glass magnet.  I think I am just going to have to don some gloves and manually pick up a lot of this.


It's everywhere.

Here is the area where I burned out the logs.


I am going to steal these panels to make the round pen with, and then put some regular fencing up there being that the canal company has not given me any grief about moving my fenceline.


See that giant rock behind the roll of fencing right above here?  My neighbor is going to come take it.  It's hard to appreciate the size of this rock until you see it.  That will be quite a job.


And ... same neighbors ... gave me these great pallets!  These will be perfect for when I bring the hay in.


And we're finally moving this "dog house" today.  Going to put it back by the Quack Shack and the hen house.  I have 15 more hens coming in on Wednesday, so I think the Quack Shack will become the new hen house, and this will be for the few female ducks I have.  The males are going to go ... somewhere.


It will be nice to finally get that out of my driveway.  I need to make a door for this dog house.  All three little buildings will then be painted to match.  Should look cute when I'm done.

The neighbor also brought me by some potatoes ... fresh out of the ground!  Doesn't get any better than that!

(Funny thing ... I took several photos of these potatoes ... and it's just really difficult to get a "pretty" pictures of such an odd looking vegetable...)


Ok ... I have to go get ready to move the dog house.  Clean it off, get my truck out of the driveway, make room, etc.  More later,

Jodi

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure have gotten that place cleaned up. (I know it's still a work in progress but it's so much better) I wonder if the people that drive by there every day appreciate you taking what was obviously an eye sore and making it a pleasant place to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am amazed at how much that pasture has been eaten down since I was there! And the fence project has stayed - woohooo! I was just thinking about that the other day and wondering if the canal riders had made you move it yet. Very cool that they have not. Those huge chunks of concrete are decorative rocks? Wow, I thought they were debris left behind from the mobile home. You have done a totally kick ass job getting it all cleaned up, that was a huge job. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing an awesome job with all the work around the place. I so can't wait to get my own property. But must admit, I'm afraid of all the work when its just me. You're my role model!

    Looks like you're enjoying the holiday. Gotta love it:)

    PS Chickens in, ducks out? Are you crazy! Chickens are so obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete