Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Two Day project

Ha.  What I thought was going to be a simple little thing is turning into quite a project.

Remember this little tuft of weeds?


Well, what you can't see is that when I stand in it, it's actually over my head.  The stalks on those things are quite thick and, despite being dead, hang on pretty good.  I got about 1/2 way through it tonight, and from the mold it holds, my nose is running, my head hurts and I have the heeby-jeebies from all the creepy-crawlies in there.  Not to mention my forearms hurt and it's making it hard to type.

It got too dark out, so I'll have to finish it tomorrow.  And then figure out what to do with all the crap I'm pulling out.  I can't burn it right there because of that lovely vinyl fence, so I'll have to drag it all up the driveway and burn it in my burn area. 

I hope I don't have to do this every year.  I'll be exhausted.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment