Check out the other pages!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sheep, sheep and more sheep!

Katy and I went out to Dianne's this morning, and then Dianne, Katy, Susan and I went to the desert with all the dogs.

I'm working on getting Echo's inside flanks. Despite the clinic and the confidence it gave me, apparently I still wasn't raising the bar enough. I was happy to get a few steps of the "come bye" inside flank (the problem side) with her and would focus on other things. Dianne came out and showed me how to really do it, and got Echo sweeping from one side to the other. Of course, when I took it over, it wasn't nearly as pretty but it was happening enough for me to see how it works. I will probably need Dianne to show me another couple of times to get my timing right and to really make sure I know what I'm looking for and such ... but I was on cloud 9 with what I learned today.

I need a real camera. I handed my camera off to Katy and asked her to video it. My camera is not capable of anything quality at this distance, and when you're zoomed all the way in, moving just a hair one way or the other seems like you're sitting on a hammock with a videocamera in your hand. Thank you Katy for taping this. You did a great job with my crappy camera!




The ride home was a kick in the pants. Here's what we ran into. Of course, like the tourist I am, I had to hop out and get some photos, etc. I was all too conscious of where the Pyr was because I quickly realized that getting out and standing out in the open might not have been the best idea I've managed to come up with in the last ten years or so. I guess he figured out I couldn't be too bad considering we had sheep with us! LOL



Katy ran Scout and did an awesome job! If she hasn't already, I am sure she'll blog it and hopefully post the video I gave her. :-)

Happy tails,
JD

1 comment:

  1. Jesus Seasick Christ, you'd think I was adrift on a lifeboat taking that footage!! Sorry!!

    I'll borrow a tripod next time.

    ReplyDelete