Check out the other pages!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stock Trailer or Lawn Ornament?

Craigslist ... oh Craigslist. I cannot stop looking at it. Here's my latest "treasure."

Sanford & Sons?

I couldn't resist. For $20, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Even if I can't move it out of my pasture, I have a trailer to practice putting sheep in, right?

Here's the rough part of it.

Look at that hitch!

It was a doozy getting it home last night with no lights, but you never realize how smooth a ball hitch makes trailering something. I felt like my truck was going to fall apart, and I was sure I was going to lose the trailer several times.

So the first things I would like to have done on it:

1. A new hitch so it can be put on a ball.
2. Tongue jack installed.
3. New chains to attach to my truck.
4. Lights on a 6 banger round.
5. Have the bearings on the tires checked.
6. Get it registered.

With any luck, I'll have all this done by spring.

If anyone out there knows how to weld, or has any information about how to get the hitch replaced, please let me know.

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment