Check out the other pages!

Friday, November 21, 2008

This and That ...

I went to my surgeon yesterday that did the work on my arm. We had to close out the claim with the insurance company so the doctor needed to see me. We took some more x-rays, and the wrist looks fine despite the pain and soreness I am still experiencing. We discussed several different surgical options -- none of which I am willing to consider at this point.

He said the soreness on the inside of my elbow should go away and become much less sensitive over the next year, and in the meantime, gave me a sleeve to wear that has wonderful padding right where I need it. We did the WC paperwork and closed it all out. So it looks like a done deal.

Went to Walmart last night to pick up a few things. If that place ain't redneck country, I don't know what is. Billy Joe is making out with his sister in the aisle, while Mary Sue is taking care of her mother's first cousin's uncle's grandkid six days a week and claiming him as her own because she bought all the diapers this month. Egad.

I picked up some pillows for the trailer (that I take to dog trials ... ha ... this IS dog related after all!), and some toiletries, etc. I got a pair of cool fuzzy slippers although I don't think they will last very long. For $5, I felt I couldn't really go wrong. I found a $50 light set for the trailer, but I haven't bought it yet. I want to get the tongue welded first. I found a skinny little screwdriver to be able to open up my laminator and clear the jam. I want to be able to do the running orders for the S&S trial.

There are some things you just can't skimp on. I originally went to Walmart with the grandiose thoughts of getting some good gloves, wool socks and a raincoat -- none of which exists there. I will go to D&B over the weekend. The way I see it, they will be put to good use and worth spending a little bit of money on.

I feel good about my training this year. I was looking back at when I started training Echo, and I am glad that I made the decision to start fresh, pretend I knew nothing, and try the methods being offered to me instead of jumbling in my own "knowledge" in the mix. Now that we've had two complete crash & burns for trial experiences, I am hoping we got those out of the way and I can at least look like we've been learning something. I'm looking forward to the trial. Rumor has it, there will be another one in January, and one in February. I like a winter series. You can't beat the weather.

Happy tails,
JD

P.S. - Hey BP, don't worry about your sheep. They'll come back ... I think. And if not, heck, you were blessed to know them, and you could talk about your experience of knowing them over and over and over for the NEXT fifteen years. New material! See? I think the old stories had something to do with a headache? I don't know. I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment