Check out the other pages!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Two World Collide

Here's a tough write for me.

For those of you that know me know that I am not a politically correct person, been told I'm unapproachable, bitchy, hard-headed, tough as nails, etc. Yes, I guess I pose a tough exterior. I don't mean to, and often times wonder why people tell me that when they first met me they were intimidated, etc. I am as insecure as they come, but I guess growing up the youngest of five children, I had to fight for what I believed in. Over the years, I have been trying to learn to pick my battles. So I have two things that I am very passionate about.

1. My Friends

My friends mean the world to me. It's as simple as that. I will go to the ends of the Earth for you. I wouldn't think twice of defending you, protecting you, helping you, etc. I enjoy spending time with you, learning from you, sharing with you, laughing with you, and experiencing life with you. I am not here to judge you, criticize you, talk shit about you, or look down on you. You'll never have to guess how I feel, either. And you all know who you are. To me, you are the greatest people alive, and I would never do anything intentionally to hurt any one of you. Period.

2. Dogs

Here, I thought about saying, "My Dogs," but it's deeper than that. There is a huge dog population problem here in the States, and it's a shame what a disposable society we have become. Having done rescue for many years, and hearing all of the lame excuses people give for giving up dogs ("His hair doesn't match the carpet," "We're moving and can't take him with us," "He's nipping our kids' heels' as they run by him," etc.), it has me jaded to some of the pet population. Seeing all of the new "breeds" being created ("Doodle Dogs" in particular -- Labradoodles, Airedoodles, Aussiedoodles, Doxiedoodle, Schnoodle, Rattle, Rottle, Scoodle (ok ... this is really getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it? These are actual names!), etc., I am a bit burned out on some breeders also.

But I am as passionate about my dogs as I am about my friends, and because I talk to my friends about issues that bother me about dogs and breeders and such, but I have also really enjoyed writing about stuff here on my blog, I do not want my friends feeling that I am in any way dissing them here on my blog, or talking about them, because it's an issue we have discussed in person or on the phone or in an email a few days before. Often times, I'll touch on a subject with my friends, but because I have no life, live alone, and my thoughts wander when I am cleaning my house or whatever, I like to write about them. That's it. So if there are any of my friends out there who are offended by anything I ever type here because I have unknowingly or unintentionally offended them, please please please talk to me about it. I am happy to take down anything offensive or objectionable and am open to discussing whatever you'd like.

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment