Check out the other pages!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Horticulture & Costmetology

I'm sitting here listening to the t.v. and every station has the "SHOCKING" news about Michael Jackson's death. I think the only thing shocking about it is that they figured it out in the first place! Seriously ... what looked so different about him on Friday that looked more "dead" about him than say ... the last 10 years?

My neighbor has been out mowing his pasture for the last 3 hours now. Why? I don't have a clue. Apparently he doesn't like the look of the haircut the sheep are giving it.

My fingers are sore from picking cherries. I hope Janie wants like 20 pies. I have two giant bowls of cherries I am bringing to her. The cherry tree has two giant branches that literally just broke off from the main part of the tree. Besides the tree being old, and the wind blowing pretty good, I am sure the sheer weight of all the cherries helped. I don't understand why the squirrels and crows aren't all over that tree this year. I've never seen anything like this. I made a cherry cobbler the other night that was yummy. If I had a family, I might even buy a cherry pitter and make more stuff, but ... I just can't see myself eating that much cherry stuff. Besides ... I am on a diet!

No ... I am NOT posting the photo for all to see. It graces my desktop. I see it more often than I care to. And I may just take Darci's advice and put it on my fridge!

I did more dishes tonight than I thought I owned.

Kirk is fixing my trailer for me. Woo hoo! Earlier this year, the doorknob broke, so I went and bought a new one. It was a regular door knob, so it was relatively inexpensive as trailer parts go. When he replace it, though, there was a gap in the area where the door meets the trailer. Apparently he shimmed it up and reports that it worked well. Also ... the water pump in this trailer has never worked so long as I've owned it. I've been stumped. Well, Kirk looked at it, looked up the part number and gave me the item numbers to the stuff I need to buy, so I will go pick that stuff up tomorrow and bring it to him. I am SO glad everything in the trailer will work for the upcoming trials. Yahooie!

Also ... great news! My friend Mark said to pencil him in for the Athena trial! While he doesn't have a dog to compete with, he and I met at a fair, and the fairs and rodeos and stuff have kinda become our "thing." So add a Scottish fair to our list! That would be a hoot! Note to self: Bring air mattress for the back of the truck.

If I had the money, I'd probably enter Zip also, as arena trials are his forte. But I haven't been working him, and I need to stay on top of the finances right now. I'm about 2 weeks away from applying for a home loan. (I don't have much hope of getting it, but I am going to try ... what do I have to lose?)

So on my calendar today came up a little note about Sunday. Sunday is the approximate due date of a very closely "linebred" litter that, if born, you won't hear anything about for several months because the owner is quite a jokester and likes to pull stuff out of her hat like magic! The last time Shrub was bred to Hairspray, they had an amazing litter of ... one! I know people thought that the owner might have quietly culled the rest of the litter, I know it's because she's such a great breeder, she has these amazing powers that when she only wants one puppy, only one puppy appears. And this time around, she only wants one puppy again. I wonder if she will name it something really cool like Bush after its mom ... or maybe even Lice after its dad! The weird thing was, someone tried to convince me that Hairspray's pedigree appeared to be very similar to Shrub's ... so much so that it almost appeared that Hairspray was Shrub's father ... but I told them that's not possible. The registry must have made a registration mistake and I am sure that's all been worked out by now. So I wish my friend wasn't such a prankster and would post pictures of Weed/Grecian when she/he is born rather than waiting several months and then backdating the story of the pup's arrival! I know she only wants one pup, but I would love a litter of like 10! Could you imagine all the names we could come up with?

I just got done BBQ'ing dinner for ... myself! I don't think I've ever BBQ'd for one before! I grilled up the steak I got on sale the other day, and being that I am on a diet, I didn't make the 15 pounds of butter-soaked garlic bred I usually make to go with it, ate only 1/2 the baked potato with 16 teaspoons of butter. Instead of sour cream, I used low fat cottage cheese! Yum! Had a corn on the cob laying around, so threw that on there too, along with some asparagus in a tin foil packet with butter, salt & pepper. It was all very yummy.

I am sure I'll be wearing these jeans for a while longer.

Need to get my ass up early tomorrow and get out to the Leaf. We have a bit of yard work to do out there. It'll only be 87 degrees tomorrow, so we picked a good day. For the next week, it will be closer to 100. I hope I can make it through the next few weeks without breaking down and sticking that stupid swamp cooler in my window. The house stays pretty cool, so I should be okay.

Enjoy the weekend!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment