Check out the other pages!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Pressure off?

Seeing that we have that novice trial coming up tomorrow, and I am running Echo non-compete, and I haven't worked her in probably 2 weeks because I am avoiding foxtails like the plague, I figured I should probably take her out to my pasture and give her a whirl on her whistles. What my goal is for tomorrow is to whistle her all the way around the course, and only allowing myself verbal correction.

If it goes anything like it went last night in the pasture, we will muck that up on the fetch, if not before. Working her last night made me realize that I have really been neglecting her training these last few months. I am still having the same problems I had earlier in the year. Her flanks on the fetch are still slices, she is still blowing off her down if she feels I am wrong, and we still have "come bye" issues (at the AHBA trial earlier this year, we were doing a crossdrive, and I couldn't get her to take her comebye flank to cover the high side, so I had to send her all the way around on the away side, thereby crossing course, to get to the second drive panel).

So I don't hold out a lot of hope for success. We'll see. I really need to get my trailer welded so I can take some sheep out to the desert and work her in big wide open spaces. My pasture is too narrow.

J

1 comment:

  1. Jodi
    Do you know how to tell who has been to your blog? I have a particular scamp I want to know if they are coming to my blog...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete