Check out the other pages!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gunner Clarification

I realized I talked about Gunner on Facebook, but didn't really "introduce" him here.

No, I do not have a new dog.

Gunner is a rescue.  His previous owner had to move into a smaller place that didn't allow dogs, so she had to find a home for him.  He's 2 years old, and has been tossed around a bit, it seems.  He's been fed whatever crap someone could afford, and has even ended up at the Humane Society a time or two.  The good news is ... he's a great dog, up to date on shots, is neutered, crate trained, house trained, likes other dogs, is calm in the house, loves to play fetch, loves playing with Reese, and loves loves loves people!  I haven't put him on stock yet, but I don't hold out a whole lot of hope.  Doesn't matter because he will make someone an awesome companion. 

I'll be holding on to him until I get can his coat and skin in good condition.  He's a bit itchy and his eyes didn't look right to me (they look a bit better now).  He's in the middle of a de-worming treatment and, if all goes well, he should be available for adoption in a few weeks.

I will try to post periodic updates on him.  In the meantime, if you know of anyone looking for a buddy, please have them contact me.



Thanks!
J

1 comment: