Check out the other pages!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Lake Lowell

For those of you who aren't familiar with this area, I live on the southeast rim of Lake Lowell.  All along the southeast rim is the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge, and as you can imagine, there are quite a few trees ... right in front of my house.  So ... while I live on the lake, I can't see it.

Anyway, today, Emily and I loaded up the horses and drove around to the northeast side of the lake (about a 10 minute drive) and parked on the easternmost parking lot there is ... and rode Kahlua and Red for quite a few miles all along the north side of the lake.  What a gorgeous ride!  This is one we will definitely be doing again.  I'm working with Kahlua to see if I can get her trot/canter transition to happen a little quicker, as her trot is very rough.  I'm still a little tentative because of my back injury several months ago, but much less tentative than I was.  I'm a little sore tonight, but it's all good.  Well worth it.  Here are a few photos.  I wish I could figure out where my house is ... it's hard to tell from the other side of the lake.  I'll have to track everything on my GPS next time.  (Oh, I ordered a cantle bag from the saddlemaker down the road, so I'll probably have some place to throw some stuff -- like my GPS -- next time.)

Osprey nest.  I thought the only one was the one with the Osprey Cam pointed at it, but there's this one, too.  The mom and dad were both buy tending to the nest, although I didn't bother trying to take any photos of them with my phone.










No comments:

Post a Comment