Check out the other pages!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Coronas in the Desert

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I'll have to get Echo a pair of these.



Dianne graciously took us out to the desert today. It was Colleen, Katy and I ... along with a 12-pack of Coronas and some "beer chips" and "bloody mary chips" ... quite interesting.



The desert was tons of fun! Dianne worked a few dogs and it was great to see how helpful a big hill can be, not only in kicking a dog's outrun out, but for the handler (and everyone else) to see what's happening the entire time.



I was as nervous as can be, not knowing what to expect from Echo. I haven't sent her this far yet, and when the sheep no longer care to participate, they run ... and keep running ... When only four of the nine sheep were set out, I calmed down a bit knowing I wouldn't have to sell my truck if Echo decided to drive the sheep back to Idaho herself.



The outruns didn't turn to be nearly as pretty as they will eventually, but I was very happy that she went the distance, kicked out further than I expected, never lost her sheep, and listened to every stupid thing I told her to do. But moreso than that, what I was really surprised at was watching her drive the sheep when she was a good distance from me as if she'd been doing it her whole life.



If this video hasn't been removed, here is a clip from today:







I can't wait to go do it again!



Happy tails,

JD

4 comments:

  1. Jodi, that last outrun was awesome! Maybe I already saw it but very nice. Great music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echo looks fantastic!
    I can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh uh, I see you've added my blog to your list...guess that means I need to start writing...a year ago is quite embarrassing! Unless there is a prize for how high you can get that number to be, then I'm number 1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Dont worry about having a sheep/ dog wreck out in the desert.
    Hope for it!

    ......
    ..........
    ......
    I cant reveal all the details right here, but the punchline is:

    I will not live long enough to smoke all that weed.

    ReplyDelete