Check out the other pages!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Blondie & Doll"

Colleen, Jaenne, Katy and I went to Janie's house to set up for the AHBA trial. When we got there, two guys were already there. Their names are Jack and ___. Jack has a very nice Border Collie named Spike. They came to practice the course. The problem was ... the course was not set up yet. So, as women do all the time, we put the guys to work. Despite that it was only 10:00 a.m., beer was appropriate - although I have a hard time calling Keystone Light "beer." I realized that I am starting to reach for Echo first pretty consistently when I need a dog to get something done now. She's been really good, and can move anything. The crew got both courses in the big field set up, and then Jaenne worked Kip, Katy worked Scout, and Colleen worked Reena. When Janie got back from her meeting, she brought the work crew some pizza. After we ate, Jack worked Spike. In the meantime, several people set up the AHBA arena course in the smaller arena.

The guys were pretty funny ... despite the fact that they came up to pay to practice the course a couple of times and instead got put to work ... they had a great attitude about it. They both had the hots for Blondie (Katy), and Jack even asked me like 3 times, "Is she married?" And when I would reply, "Yes ..." ... he would follow that up with "Happily?" The last time he asked me, I just turned around and yelled to Katy, "HEY KATY ... ARE YOU MARRIED?" Jack turned six shades of red.

The down home country boys ... funny how they come up with little "pet" names for women they don't even know. Kinda patronizing, really, especially after it's been happening all day. I can't count the number of times I said, "It's Darling ..." in response to being called "Doll."

At least I wasn't being called "Blondie" (for obvious reasons). That one was reserved for Katy.

All in all, a fun day and a great way to get the work done.

Here's Jack & "Blondie":

Photobucket

I think I have another couple of photos and will upload them when I get a chance.

Happy tails,
JD

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe....."Beer was appropriate".
    I'm so going to use that quote!




    Susan

    ReplyDelete