Check out the other pages!

Friday, October 17, 2008

The Repeater

Something interesting happened last night. Katy came over and we videotaped eachother working dogs. I am interested to see how the videotapes come out. It was actually kinda fun, despite the fact that I will have to look at my fat ass live ... on video! Yikes. Scary.

In watching Katy work, I noticed there were times when she would be repeating herself. When I went out to work Zip after her, I am wondering how much I did it ... or didn't do it. She asked me afterwards (something to the effect of), "Do you think that when you watch someone else work before you go work a dog that you're more conscious of the previous person's mistakes?" And yes, I do. So while I may not have repeated myself much THAT time working Zip, I know I do it all the time. I know I start out very calm with "liiiiiie downnnn", which turns into "Lie down!" which turns into "LIE DOWN!!!" .... and I've now said it three times in as many seconds.

And I know I do it with Echo.

A lot.

So I need to start practicing what I preach.

Go to your dog.

Go to your dog.

Go to your dog.

Ok, ok ... I'm going.

I will not repeat myself to my dog.

I will not repeat myself to my dog.

I will not ...

I should have been a comedienne, eh?

I know ... keep your day job.

Happy tails,
JD

1 comment:

  1. I love your sensitivity in saying, "there were times where Katy repeated herself"...HAW HAW HAW. GO ahead and add, "Not unlike the constant drip of a faucet."

    ReplyDelete