Check out the other pages!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still ... well ... Stilwell!

"Victoria! Come rescue us! We have a dog and we have NO idea how to take care of it! It pees and poos all over the house, it obnoxiously jumps on people and barks at them when they come in the door, it can't walk on a leash, it hates other dogs, it hates my husband and won't let him anywhere near me, and it steals food from the kids when they're eating!"

How many times have you watched this show? Does that about wrap it up? I'll tell you what ... if I had a monster like that living in my house ... I'd move out. That's just nuts, and I cannot believe how many people allow this stuff to continue. Don't get me wrong ... I am sure some of it is embellished for tv sensationalism, however, there are certain things you just can't drum up (or I would imagine want to) for t.v. - i.e. setting up a "hidden" camera in the house, leaving, and watching the dog tear the house apart and "pee and poo" all over the place -- on the couch, on the floor, on the carpet, mark the bed, the dressers, every doorway, etc.

In the "observation" period where Victoria just watches the interactions between the family and the dog, it is quite obvious (not to mention scary) that these dog owners don't have a clue. There was one episode where a woman had a chihuahua or some such ankle-biter that would not let anyone touch it long enough to put clip a leash to the collar. It would turn into a spinning biting freakazoid! So the owner would have to call her mother who lives around the corner, have her mother come over and the two of them would have to corner the dog, one throw a blanket over it and the other to distract it while they pick it up so they don't get bit.

In my house, that dog would be better known as "Football."

There was another episode of a couple and two greyhounds. They babied the dogs to death, and in the morning, the wife would come in to the kitchen (where they had the dogs blocked off from the rest of the house) and have to clean up a giant "pee and poo" mess every day -- sometimes several times a day. Now tell me why ... oh why ... did these people need to be told that those dogs needed to go out more often? How could they clean that crap up (literally) ever day, day after day, and not realize that the dogs needed to go out more often? Hello?

Watching the show makes me wonder what Victoria's home life is like. When she gets home from work, does she go into the house, kiss her husband, flop down on the couch as he pours her a drink, and say, "Dear, you should have seen the morons I had to deal with today! Let me tell you!" Oh to be a fly on that wall!

On a different topic, Jag is doing fine today. He's not limping or anything and I am so glad. I hate seeing any of my dogs in pain, but him especially. That dog has me wrapped around him big giant hairy popcorn-smelling paw.

Oh and on another note ... I let Echo sleep in my bedroom the other night. I was quickly reminded why I don't do that. I woke up to little itty bitty pieces of soap strewn about my carpet (I dropped the soap in the shower, failed to pick it up because that would require bending over -- an activity I am obviously not fond of -- and she apparently found it), interspersed with blops of fuzz balls from what used to be the stuffing of one of my comforters, the bowl of 1/2 eaten soup (that was on my desk) from the night before was licked clean, the rest of my soda spilled all over my desk, and the toilet bowl bush handle chewed to bits for about the first six inches. Some of these items were mysteriously left laying near my other dogs. I think she was trying to throw me off her trail. That's it! I'm calling Victoria! You're in trouble, young lady!

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment