Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rain is a Good Thing ...

"Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey ..."

It's been nice for most of the week, and when the weekend moved in, it rained ... of course.

I started taking the CommuterRide last week.  It's not bad.  There's not many people riding my route right now, so it's very few stops, and a nearly empty van.  This won't last, especially with the gas prices going up.  But it works.  And it's saving me a ton of cash in gas.

The puppies both have homes and are doing well.  Woo hoo!  Echo2 is still here, but she has been claimed and will be going to her new home soon.

Cleaned out my email, cleaned up my contacts, cleaned up my blog list, deleted several online accounts, etc. and basically got rid of a lot of shit.  You know how you sign up for something, and then you lose interest in it, and then just never delete yourself off of it?  I did a bunch of that yesterday.  Kinda the same thing with reading blogs.  Some blogs are always the same thing ... here's a profile of someone that has a dog from me, isn't he/she great? (... when it should read ... I once owned this dog, but being that I suck, I couldn't get the dog to work well, but now I sold it and it's doing great.  I didn't breed the dog, but I'll take credit for it anyway.)  Or I've decided I'm the best blogger around so now my blog is so graphic heavy, your computer explodes when you click on it. 

Egads.  Yeah.  This type of crap was clogging up my life.

I thought I was going to have to head to the animal shelter to re-up Zip's registration so I don't get in big, fat trouble with the city because they are looking to generate revenue because the county is putting pressure on them.  Shit rolls downhill, don'tcha know?  Because it's me and my three little dogs that are the problem here in the city, and the county, and hell ... the state!  We are probably one of the few homes in Idaho that wouldn't notice if the animal shelter shut down, but we need to pay for it.  Yeah.  Makes a lot of sense.  But at least I have dogs.  Look at all of the people who have to pay takes toward the animal shelter, and they don't even own animals!  I don't even want to take a look into the taxes I am paying because I'm sure it will only serve to further piss me off.

Wow.  Sorry ... got off on a tangent.  Anyway, come to find out the animal shelter is moving up in the world ... finally.  You can now license your dogs online, so long a you've licensed that dog in person before.  So I didn't have to go up there.  Paid like $1.50 to avoid dealing those idiots, and it was the best $1.50 I've ever spent!

I can't seem to find my handheld GPS.  I was going to start geocaching again, but that's sort of the important part of the whole thing.  I am going to turn this house upside down this weekend and find it.  I really don't want to buy another one.

Did some cleaning up this weekend.  I've been throwing junk into the trailer and finally took it to the dump.


And now the trailer is for sale.  If anyone is interested, please let me know.  It's got a very sturdy axle, complete with shocks, trails great, tires are in good condition, and it's got a brand new trailer jack.  Asking $450, but will entertain offers.


So, ya see that big ugly bush at the end of my property?


It's gone now.


My neighbor and I cut it down to the ground.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to a ridiculous size again. 


Now there's just a massive pile of brush in my driveway waiting for a bon fire.


But the front of the house is getting cleaned up and is starting to look more like someone actually lives here.


And I have a much better view now that all of the ornamental grasses are out of the way, in addition to that huge bush.


I'm trying to get the pasture all cleaned up so I can bring a horse in.  I still need to do a strand of hotwire around the top of the fence, and actually finish the field fencing, but I am also going to clean this up ... not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it's an eyesore.


And I haven't decided if I'm going to leave the pine tree in or take it out.  It's really not very healthy, I don't think.


And this thing ... this is at the head of my driveway, between the fence and the street.  Eventually I'll have to see what it's connected to and get rid of it.  Apparently, it's an old telephone service access thing, I think. 


But geesh, there's so much cleanup work to do.  I should have the whole place raked up by the time the leaves are ready to fall again.

In the next few weeks, I am hoping to get my garden going.  I've got a few railroad ties, need a few more, and a load of mulch and I'll be off to a good start.  The neighbor grows awesome tomatoes, and a lot of them, so I can grow all kinds of other stuff.  I'm excited!  I haven't had a garden in a long time.

The two pups I placed are doing well.  Got a call from the guy who took Spur (that's a name I'm going to use for my next pup, I think ... I kinda like it) ... and said he's doing great.  Is already looking at cows, which is great news considering he had no interest in the ducks when we exposed him to them. 

I'm not usually one to complain about the cold weather, but I can tell you ... this year ... I'm sick of it.  I'm ready for some color ... some sun ... and some nice warm air. 

I haven't been training dogs.  I'm taking a break for a while, but I will start getting serious about starting Reese.  She's looking very nice when she escapes into the pastures to help me when I don't ask her to. 

Jodi

("This changes everything." <--- Truer words were never spoken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment