Check out the other pages!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's Up, Doc?


Meet Doc.  This is one of Bud's horses that I've been riding.  He's a great babysitter!


He's very nice, responsive, smooth, trustworthy, and sure-footed.  This weekend, I actually was able to get up on him all by myself!  Didn't need Bud's shoulder pushing my fat ass up on him or nothing!  And I did it like 3 or 4 times!  I was very proud of myself!

It was quite foggy at the beginning of the ride.  When we got to the river, and pulled up a fire, the fog started to clear.  So you'll see how my photos start out pretty foggy and end up with blue sky, eventually.


This is Don's mare.  I hope to be able to ride her at some point.  She's got a bit more spunk than Doc, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet, but I'd love to try her out.


Gorgeous, isn't she?




This is Bud's Paint that he was riding.



Bud.  He likes whiskey.

And here's Cash.  I love this dog.  I see so much of him in Reese.



He likes whiskey too.


Here's Bud, Don, and Cash.


Here's Don.  He likes whiskey, too.


More Cash.


Some scenery.  (I'm good at the narrative here, aren't I?)







What a great time!  I am so looking forward to some warmer weather and getting out and riding some more.  Doing a couple of weekend trips would be great!  There is a lot of gorgeous territory to go exploring!

In the interest of full disclosure, and because I'm sure this story will get told, we got all the way back to the trailer, and I dismounted ... and landed right on my ass!  ... And everything! 

Apparently, I like whiskey, too!  ;-)

"WINNING!!!"

J

1 comment: