Check out the other pages!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning ...

I didn't do a thing over the weekend, so I've been feeling pretty guilty about it.  Came home tonight, and cleaned up the front yard from crap I had laying around over the winter, some leftover stuff from the deconstruction in the house, etc.  Oh by the way ... you know the doors on the dog boxes?  Well, I am minus one door.  Whose?  I know ... you're thinkin' Reese, right?  Wrong!  Zip!  Came home one day and not only was the door off the hinge, the entire door frame was apart and the metal grate was all separated from the wood.  I don't think I am going to bother having Tommy fix it.  I think we'll just leave it off.  He doesn't need it ... so now he just stays loose in the house.  And if I leave any little shred of food anywhere, things are in a million pieces when I get home!  Isn't that special?  Thanks Zip!

Anyway, I raked up the little yard area right around the deck ... you know ... first things first.  Need to clean the windows and wipe the house down.  Being white, it gets quite dirty over the winter.  I also now have a little propane grill that I can cook on, so I'm excited about that.

I also passed all of the blogs (except this one) to Jaenne.  It's so nice looking at my dashboard and seeing just the KPR blog.  Got rid of several email addresses I wasn't using, deleted my facebook account, and unsubbed from several chat groups.  Feels awesome!

I am still hunting for a two-horse trailer ... I am sure I'll find one pretty soon.  It will be nice to be able to take the sheep to the desert to work the dogs, but more importantly, I can go pick Doc up and go riding.  I am really excited that Spring is coming in and I can go do stuff I've been wanting to do for a long time.  Meeting new people and having a great time!

Everyone here is fine.  Ducks are cranking out the eggs.  I need to put the chickens back on scratch (they're just eating corn for now), and see how that changes the egg production.  I am not sure if some of the eggs are chicken eggs, or just smaller duck eggs or whatever.  Not a big deal, but eventually, I think I'll coop the ducks.  Need to get out and trim their wings before the fly away.  The irrigation water should be hitting the canal soon, and that's a huge draw for them.  I hate even typing the word "irrigation."  Makes my head spin.  There are certain parts of spring I'd like to forget about ... like needing to dig ... by hand ... an irrigation canal to get water to my west pasture.  It will look great all greened up, but it's going to be a ton of work getting there.  My back hurts just thinking about it. 

It was gorgeous out today ... and I'm hoping it will be this way all week, but I heard a rumor it's supposed to rain.  I'd like to get more raking done, and raking is a drag when what you're raking is soaking wet. 

The weekend is filling up already ... looking forward to another fun one!  Woo hoo!  And today is only Monday...

J

No comments:

Post a Comment