Check out the other pages!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Apple Crisp

I have decided I am going to start categorizing my posts on this blog. I always find myself experimenting with cooking in the wintertime, and I'd love to have a place to look back at some of the recipes for some ideas.

One of the really nice IT guys at work brought me a whole bag of apples when he came to fix my work computer the other day. I thought that was really nice of him. I've never made anything with apples, so I decided to try an apple crisp. Here's the recipe I followed:

Ingredients
- 6 cups sliced Granny Smith apples (approx. 6 med.)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
Place the sliced apples in the bottom of the baking dish and spread out evenly.
Combine all the remaining ingredients together in another bowl and mix until well blended. The mixture should have a crumbly texture.
Sprinkle the crumbly mixture evenly over the apples. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender when poked and the topping is golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve while warm. Serve with a scoop of ice cream for an extra delicious treat.

I haven't tried it yet (it's still cooling), but here's a photo of my result:

Photobucket

Happy tails,
JD

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I am so glad you posted that! I have a client, a little old lady, cute as she can be, who instead of tipping me with money, bakes me some thing fresh and still warm and brings it to me when she comes to pick up her pooch. Ive not had anyhing from her kitchen that wasnt delicious! She made these for me once and gave me this same recipe, I fixed it once and then lost the recipe. Thankx! I copied and pasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi

    I was just thinking about Apple Crisp and wishing I had a receipe for it. My sister through all of my mom's receipes out when she died. Thanks for putting it out there.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete