Check out the other pages!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Salsa!

Well, I guess I am going to reveal Katy's secret to her salsa. Katy, feel free to kick me in the shins if you wish. :-)

Katy makes awesome salsa. I talked to her about it, and she told me she gets chili peppers from New Mexico, roasts them, divides them, and freezes them. She then gave me the rest of the recipe while I stood there and watched her make it. I was hooked. And found myself begging for some chili peppers. She delivered. And ever since then, I have been putting the ingredients in the blender, and it always purees it by the time I get the big chunks chopped up. Today, I finally gave in and bought a food processer. I don't know why I didn't do this months ago!

Here's what I put in it:

Tomatoes - Romas were on sale, and I used about 6
Onion - 1 medium
Roasted chili peppers - 1 baggie
salt to taste
garlic to taste

Salsa

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment