Check out the other pages!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Might as well ...

As long as I've been flooding my blog with non-dog stuff, I may as well just keep on going. With all the snow, I haven't worked the dogs, and of course, I'm a bit distracted with my son's recent health issue. So ... I've been taking care of stuff around the house and doing ... well, not much of anything.

Most of you know, I'm drooling over a new camera. That's been put off for a while due to funds, but that's ok. I still go to Best Buy and play with it just because. I went today, and after I was done, I always ... and I mean always ... go out of my way to walk past the greatest invention ever. This particular thing can turn a guy into a complete idiot faster than a naked woman begging for sex magically appearing in front of them. "Guitar Hero." (There's also "Rock Band.") Ever seen this latest phenomenon? It was meant for teenagers but guys young and old love to think they are rock stars! See?







Attractive, isn't it? It is such a great source of entertainment!

Anyway, I dragged myself out of there and went home and sat around doing nothing for a while, when I came up with the brilliant idea of going to Redneck Rodeo ... I meant, er ... um ... what's the name of that store? Oh. Walmart! I am convinced that the people that work at Walmart definitely just got off the "short bus." Oh and the people shopping there ... what a riot. I was looking at a mom, dad, and kid (not sure if mom and dad were brother and sister, but ...) and between the three of them, I think they would have had one full mouth of teeth.

Once I stopped gawking at my surrounding and got my laughter down to a dull roar, I went about the store to find some hair dye (cause dog knows I can't afford to go have it done at the moment), some hair spray, and some flour/sugar cannisters. The dye I picked up is a rich dark brown color. I dyed it when I got home tonight and I love it! I don't know why I've always dyed it a lighter color. It's naturally pin straight and a medium brown color (without the gray). So having it dark and straight, it looks silky. I think it would be even better black. So that'll be next month. Now if my damn bangs would just grow out before I lose patience and cut them again...

I was going to sign off right here, when I almost forgot to tell you the best part! I was walking to the checkout lines, and what did I pass???? The Rock Band section with the two 40-something guys ... one "playing" guitar and one "playing" drums ... looking like a couple of teenagers, and thinking they are somebody. The conversation I had with the chick at the counter was priceless. It went sorta like this ...

Me: "Did you see that over there?"

Her: Smile. Nod. Eye roll. "A shame, isn't it?"

Me: Shrug. Eye roll. "I know ..."

I laughed all the way home!

Happy tails,
JD

3 comments:

  1. If he could only have one thing,that is all my 13 yr old son wanted for Christmas, and I have tried hard to avoid it at all costs. Not that he has set it down for longer than a potty break so it hasnt been to difficult.....yet. But it sure looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching 13 year-olds play it is cute.

    Watching 43 year-old otherwise nice looking drunk guys play it is ... umm ... sad.

    LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played GUITAR HERO / Rock Band for first time this week! (Not in public , you may be relieved to hear)

    We totally ROCKED!
    Unfortunately our rockin genius was not recognized by the game itself. Theres no points to be gained in innovation.
    It was fun though, and I could hardly bear to stop!


    43?
    Hell no! 53!
    and possibly just a tad tipsy.

    ReplyDelete