Check out the other pages!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sword Swallowing

I actually slept in until 10:00 a.m. this morning (and it's only 10:00 p.m. now, and I'm yawning!) ... something I never do. Woo hoo!

Ran out to Dianne's for a couple of hours. Worked Zip for a bit. Either he's really rusty, or my expectations of him have changed. Personally, I think it's the latter. I think he's wondering where his old handler went ... poor guy. Now that I am learning how to properly teach inside flanks, I realize how tight Zip's are -- and it's not the dog. He's perfectly capable of doing it, but was just never taught correctly. Now there's a tough pill to swallow ... but I'm swallowing it. We can fix it. I saw a different Zip out there today once I got him to understand what I wanted. I really need to work him more out in the big, wide open spaces, and raise the bar and push him and see how far I can take him ... or him take me or whatever. He doesn't quit on me -- never had -- and he loves to work, so what the hell.

Susan was out there working on outruns with her dogs. She and Dianne traded some outruns and you could really see the progress in Star between the first outrun and the last one. It was fun watching that from a spectator point of view.

Next, Susan grabbed Vangie and I grabbed Echo and we traded some outruns. Vangie is quite a bit further along than Echo, but I think we did pretty well. There was not a lot of lag time between any of the outruns and everything was very calm. Echo showed me some very nice stuff. I am looking forward to seeing how we do in a trial situation.

Came home and Ann came over with Levi for a bit. Ann and Levi are doing really well together, and Ann is just in her glory. Here are a few photos.


Levi doing his thing ...










All she needs is a big crook and she would remind you of
Little Bo Peep!




Remember my ram lambs? Here's Pepe and his brother, Whitey.




And Zip making a cameo appearance.





My camera really sucks in low light conditions. I really need a DSLR. Am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get myself a Canon Rebel XSI here pretty soon.

Happy tails,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment