Check out the other pages!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The End of the Line

Jaenne called me today and asked me if I could watch her dogs. She had a boring business dinner to go to. I wasn't doing anything so I agreed. We stuck the five dogs (Jag, Zip, Echo, Mo and Kip) in the dog run, and out to the pasture I went. Clipped tons of wire, removed some fibertape, pulled t-posts, neatly stacked the 16' panels and ... voila! ... the round pen is no longer. I would like to take a few of those 16' panels and make a few shade huts for the sheep and the dogs. I can't believe how quickly the weather got so hot.

I watered the grass seed I planted earlier in the week, and also watered the flower bed, the seed starts, and front yard. Everything is looking awesome!

Afterwards, I broiled a couple of steaks and heated up some green beans for dinner. I know it doesn't sound all that yummy, but the steaks were cooked perfect, and I was starving.

While the steaks were cooking, I threw a bean soup (or whatever you call it) together and threw it in the crock pot, on low, for a gazillion hours. I made it more like a kitchen sink soup. Had about 6 different cans of beans (white, kidney, red, black, whatever), a can of corn, a can of chili, a can of chopped tomatoes, and whatever leftover (very hot) salsa I had from the very last of the New Mexico chili peppers Katy gave me. So now ... I'M OUT! I always felt ok because I was saving that one frozen bag of chili peppers, but now I've gone and used it and I have NO MORE! NADA! ZILCHO! ZIP! ADIOS! BYE BYE! I'm having withdrawals already.

... deep breath ...

Ok ok ...

I also made a loaf of soda bread to go with the soup. So I am sure my house will smell all kinds of yummy in the morning. Stop on my way to work and get some sour cream and I'll be set!

Ann is coming over tomorrow night to show me how to use the clippers so we can clip the bellies of all the dogs (well, all the boys anyway ... Echo's belly is fine).

Saw a few birds at my bird feeder when I got home from work today. I need more bird feeders.

Happy tails,
Jodi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jodi, did you plant that blueberry bush from Katie yet?

    I'm up at 4 am tomorrow morning to go find some sage grounse on a lek. Actually very cool and worth the 4 am wake up call. Especially since I have your camera. Hope I get soem good phtots to share.
    We will be showing up in about 15 department trucks though, not sure the birds are going to put up with that. We saw a great horned owl in a pine tree in the hotel parking lot tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for watchin' the dogs for me. Let me know when you are ready to ready to make the shade huts and I'll come help put them up.

    ReplyDelete