Check out the other pages!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whistling Dixie!!!

So I have been working Echo a bit and I am really starting to see that she works better off my whistles. I actually have her on a full set of whistles! Woo hoo! (Except for a lookback ... mental note to ask Dianne when I see her ... I know there's some vibration thing that people use, but my teeth don't like that.)

Brownie (the big ewe that tried to have triplets, failed miserably, went lame and recovered) is back to being her big, bitchy self. She's challenging and charging both of my dogs -- who are both being very kind to them. It's starting to piss me off now. I'd hate making her into dog food after the effort everyone put in to save her bitchy ass, but ... hmmmph.

This weekend, we have the Don Couch clinic. It will focus on penning, the maltese cross, small spaces, etc. Should be fun! I have been using Echo to do some pen work, but I am not sure if I am putting too much pressure on her, expecting too much from her, or if her body language is correct. There are times when I feel like I am shutting down a bit of her power (or presence?) that leaves her vulnerable to getting slammed in such a small space. We'll see, I guess.

Happy tails,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment